Yep, even more hand digging. Seems like even though I investing in trenchers I still have to work:). No, really, I don’t mind. Digging is good exercise and mind therapy. At least most of this digging is easy. The dirt is already work those by the trenchers. Because of the time frame, the trenches just kept filling in. (Dogs, boys, wind, rain and gravity)
I did have to dig some trenches that the trenchers just couldn’t get. However, I was running out of room to put all the dirt so I had to use the wheel barrow to truck it out and away.
I also had to dig out around the exterior house panel as there were so many lines that exit from it. In the process,I found the existing power line to the house well. Thankfully I did not cut into it. Not only would that have hurt, but it would have made my lovely wife very angry! :)
And still all that dirt had to be moved out and away!
So, once I finished that, the next line to go in was the Generator Control Wire to the Exterior House Panel.
I upgrade the conduit to 2.5in and built a temporary support. I then fed the 18 gauge wire into the small junction box that sits below the Generator Panel.
Next came the House Utility Wire. I used 4/0 Aluminum. It is heavy stuff but good for 200 Amps.
I used two LBs to go up and over the top to the panel using Schedule 80 conduit. I choose to do it this way because the panel is going to be so crowded and the 4/0 wire is so large. I have not yet secured the conduit to the posts yet, but that is coming.
So,on to the next phase. Before I could run anymore wire, I had to run a water line across the electrical trench. The water line had to go down first as the water rests at four feet and the wire at three feet. I dug out the electrical trench just beyond the water crossing.
Then I hand dug the water line from the house well.
I then put in to four foot bury frost free faucets.
More to follow….
-- "With a little bit of faith, and some imagination, you can build anything!" Nate