I let the post cure of a few days before working on them. I needed to add the the cross members and supports before I could add the backboard. I used the Rockwell Sonicrafter Multi-tool to cut the mortises. I really love the Multi-tooll! The Sonicraft vibrates a bit more than I like but it has plenty of power. I don’t recommend the Rockwell blades as they go dull super fast. I find the blades from Imperial Blades (imperialblades.com) to be the best.
However, nothing beats good old fashioned tools and hard work. I used my coping saw to shape the pole side of the beams.
Despite the snow coming in, I was able to get the two back supports in and start working on the back board.
I used Trex Composite Decking so that I would never have to come back and fix it in my life time; baring an act of God of course. Do things once, Do things right!
It is nice to have three drills. Once set up with the lags diameter bit, one set up with the counter sink diameter bit, and then the hammer driver drives home the lags!
The snow shut me down for awhile. I was able to return after a few days.
Once I got all the Trex up. I was able to mount the 400 Amp Main Panel and Meter.
Then I mounted the secondary 200 Amp Panel.
I should have been more patient though, as I had to move it once I started getting the conduit up.
More to follow…
-- "With a little bit of faith, and some imagination, you can build anything!" Nate