So, after completing all but the eye of the Leviathan, I was very unhappy with the rest of his body…he looked more like a baby…especially when compared to the ship. I had do change it up. I am comfortable doing this. As an artist it is important to remain fluid and flexible. Things change, something might not work or may even work better or an idea may come out of thin air and inspire brilliance…of course you have to be on guard as it can also spell disaster.
So anyway, I sat down and started drawing up new sections of the body. Drawing takes me a little while as my fingers do not move like they used to. Since the injury I have to work much harder to get them to do what I want them to. But that is life. The good thing is the more I do it the better and easier it gets. The doctors say the brain will create new neural pathways around the damaged ones.
The hash marks are to help me remember what is the top and which way the grain of the Snakewood goes when the pattern is cut out. Things can get confusing with all those little pieces floating around. Once the I am happy with the pencil work I pen it in.
Yet even then I add changes, ;)
I have to admit the Tail was the hardest thing for me to nail down! I went through several variations.
Until I finally got it right!
This was the projected layout…
This is the new projected layout. Ignore the old tail! I need to fix the twist on the far upper lefthand piece as the perspective is wrong. But other than that I am happy with it so far. Things can change:).
More to follow….
-- "With a little bit of faith, and some imagination, you can build anything!" Nate