Once I had completed 85 to 90 percent of the tile work it was time to add the Fleur De Le to the Compase de Rose. My brother gave me the bucked end of a Juniper that he was using for a fence post that truly inspired me. I drew up a Fleur de Le that fit it and matched the Star or Compase de Rose.
I used Camatillo, Ebony and Cocobolo for the inlay process. I was a little rusty on my inlaying and actually had to do the ebony twice. I will not show you the first attempt. Just know that my lines would be crisper since I had to route out the Ebony from the first time. Everything was routed free hand and bent free hand. I used Titebond II to glue in all the inlays.
I soaked the Camatillo in a water bath to help with the bending process!
Then I set up a torch and bending rod…
I cut the Cocobolo to look like it was folding around the flower…
And here she is in perspective.
More to follow
-- "With a little bit of faith, and some imagination, you can build anything!" Nate