Just back from the lumber yard. On Thursday, they’ll be delivering XX hundred and YY dollars (too painful to admit…..) worth of
- African Mahogany hardwood,
- African Mahogany plywood, and
- Baltic Birch plywood (only one they didn’t have in AfMahog, but it’s drawer bottoms, so … I’ll live!).
But … as I was poring over the plans again, I noticed that each night stand calls for three
- what are called “wooden drawer guides” a time or two, and
- what are called “wooden drawer slides” a time or two (including in the exploded view, below).
From what I’ve been able to figure out, these are not so common any more, but are still in use.
Here’s the exploded diagram from the original plans:
If not, does anybody have any recommendations for where to get what the plans seem to call for?
I didn’t get very far before running into a hiccup, did I ;-)
But I’ve got a truckload of really beautiful wood coming (and … some of it will have to be re-sawn, jointed, and planed … Oh, Goody!!).
-- -- Neil