My wife’s grandson is somehow about to turn two.
Time to turn him on to tools, huh?
That’s the primary reason I’ve been taking a whack at dovetail joints.
The tool box is in dry fit, right now. In the next day or two, I’ll move to glue-up.
The cuts in the ends of the handle are for wedge/shims to hold the handle in place.
Current plan is to fill it with something like this….
I did something wrong with the plywood bottom. The instructions clearly said not to router the dado’s all the way to the edge of the board (or you’d cream the dovetails). But … the sizes they dictated for the plywood …. would have gone from edge to edge on the ends, and from edge to edge on the sides (I’m exhausted. I could be looking at it totally wrong).
So … I measured and notched the plywood. Works fairly well, but … I have another piece of ply, and may try to do better.
But … I’m smart ;-) I didn’t show the gaps in the pics. Clever camera angles LOL!
I also know that—for next time—I have to center the boards differently, in the jig, to avoid having thin edges on the side of a pin/tail. Probably letting it slide, this time, though ;-) I’d probably also curve the ends down so that they met and covered the sides, rather than leaving an awkward ledge there….
Thanks for looking.
-- -- Neil