Oh yes, oh yes, the saga continues.
1. Last year we bought a set of templates to be used with a router on a router table.
2. We bought a table/router combination from Sears. The adapters did not work with this model.
3. We ordered the special adapter plate for the “back up plan”.
4. It didn’t work.
5. We bought a “universal” plate for a table so that we could make our own table.
6. The “universal plate” doesn’t work with the Sears’ model.
7. We tried using the Sears model without the template set. It ate its second router bit.
8. I decided that the Sears model was now a write-off and a lesson learned.
9. It now sits in a corner.
And here we are a year later still with no router table set up.
Last week, at the wood show we purchased a Triton router – being so fed up with the one from Sears.
We went back to busy bee to invest in the $$$ beautiful router table with the amazing sliding sled (?) oh yah.. it’s nice!!
Does it work with the Triton? Show us!! We aren’t leaving without you showing us that it works. Oh yah.. it works. Bingo!.
Oh and show us how the bushing set will work with it. Oh, it won’t? No one uses bushing sets in a router table? Then why does this other table have a set-up for it?
We try every idea that we can think of. The $$ table just will not work with the bushing sets.
Still no router table.
-- ~ Debbie, Canada (http://www.execulink.com/~yohan)