My personal challenge is to create something for each of the LJ challenges. So far I’ve been able to meet that goal. This particular challenge was difficult 1) because I’m not much on designing and 2) I haven’t figured out that darned Sketchup yet… argh.
I wanted to design a place where I could sit and read and have ready access to books for researching. I also wanted it to be just desk level so I could tuck it under a window.
- A central table top area for reading is flanked on both sides by two book storage areas
- The top half of each book storage area is for horizontal storage with vertical storage below.
- The table top is a flip-top with a shallow storage area underneath providing room for highlighters, stickie notes, notepads and pens (see adaptation drawing in comments section. Thanks to Lip for the idea)
- table top is 24” high and 15” deep
- horizontal storage areas are 12” deep and 8” wide and sit 2” from top of table
- vertical storage areas (lower sections) are 10” in the areas closest to the table and 8” for the outside areas (and 8” wide)
-- ~ Debbie, Canada (http://www.execulink.com/~yohan)