With the pieces prepared, the next step was to try and put them together into a square and get all the four corners to match.
Yah… I had it once, moved the pieces and then couldn’t get it to work again. That was frustrating!
I decided to glue one section onto the walnut and just go from there. Once the one piece was down it was easier for me to adjust the other three and eventually I got it close enough and glued and clamped them.
With the project almost done, I had to clean up the edges. (Originally it was to be round but I thought my wood was wider and would have given me more room to play with. As it was I had to cut the slits quite large in order to get a good curl to the pieces. So—square it is. I can live with that.
When it was glued up I then gave it a couple coats of polyurethane. Next I added a crystal to the centre and the corners with some shells, rocks, pine needles, and feathers.
To see the finished Yin Yang creation and to read about the meaning behind it, check out my project here.
-- ~ Debbie, Canada (https://www.facebook.com/DebbiePribeleENJOConsultant)