The first thing I did this morning is glue the side and water tank assembly to the base and set it aside to dry.
Next I cut out and sanded the side trim pieces the way I did them for the cab.
On pages 5 and 6 of the plan we skipped the dowels. I set up a board with a V groove and guide marks on the drill press. With a centering bit I found the center and clamped it firmly.
I need eight boiler rail posts 3/16” dowel 3/4” long with a 3/32” hole drilled 1/8” from one end.
From past experience I know that these need to be a loose fit so I sanded them until they were loose.
I then glued them in place.
I took the clamps off the tender and glued and clamped the side rack assembly on to it and set it aside. When it is dried I’ll glue the side trim on.
I finished the day by gluing the rest of the pieces on the locomotive. After a day of cleanup I’ll spray the locomotive and tender using an air brush.
The finished Locomotive is here.
-- If we learn from our mistakes, I'm getting a fantastic education.