LumberJocks

Constructing "Old 99" #11: Building steam

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by MrWoody posted 09-03-2008 12:38 PM 986 reads 0 times favorited 0 comments Add to Favorites Watch
« Part 10: Up hill and a strong head wind Part 11 of Constructing "Old 99" series Part 12: Spacing the wheels »

After dry fitting all the previously made pieces I decided that I didn’t like the look of the 1/8” thick plaques on the sides of the cabin so I pried them off and made new ones. I also decided that the walnut cylinders weren’t right either.
I photocopied the side trim pieces again and glued them to maple and walnut 1/16” stock. I then used a Sharpie and made the lines on the walnut thicker inside.

Photobucket

These were then cut out the same way as the originals and glued to the cab.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next I drilled a 1/4” hole through the centre of the re-made 1” cylinders and a 1/8” hole in 2 of the end caps as shown on the plan.

Photobucket

These were glued together. I’ll finish drilling the 1/8” hole once the glue has set.

Photobucket

I did the layout, drilling and cut the cylinder mount to size.

Photobucket

Drilled, cut to length and sanded.

Photobucket

-- If we learn from our mistakes, I'm getting a fantastic education.



0 comments so far

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com