Last night I photocopied a few parts from the plan and glued them to some 1/8” and 3/16” stock using Elmer’s rubber cement. If you put this stuff on just one part to glue it just rolls off when you need. I tried spray adhesive but found it too messy.
I’m making the counter weights for the wheels and the parts for the cow catcher.
The picture shows the triangles glued to 1/8” stock. I had to peel them off and glue them to 3/16”.
At the band saw I cut the pieces close to the line. Then using my small belt sander I almost took the black line off.
Then I peeled the paper off. It leaves a slight residue which just rolls off with your fingers.
Then I sanded everything to 220. I haven’t mentioned it before, but I sand every piece to 220 before I work on it. Then clean them up with 220 when I’m finished.
I then cut out the piece for the back and bottom. I thought that I had pictures of this. I know I meant to. With everything sanded I start gluing 3/16” triangles to 1/8” base and back. The spacer is 1/8”. I’m using a gap filling cyano brand name “Zap a Gap”.
This is one of the parts that are not drawn well on the plan and the base should have been about 3/16” longer. After the glue dries overnight I’ll sand the ends to match the base and it’ll be fine. You and I are the only ones who will know.
-- If we learn from our mistakes, I'm getting a fantastic education.