When I left off on the other blog update, I was testing out the plane with a temporary poplar wedge, and clamping the two halves together.
Well, I’ve got the wedge made, and the body glued up. I didn’t do a very good job of taking pictures at this stage… so all I really have are some “after” shots…
I made the wedge to compliment the angles on the blade, and to give it a sort of sleek look…
Goes with the iron pretty nicely I think
Had to do a lot of test fitting here
Now at this point, I remembered that I had an issue with tear out while routing out one of the halves. Not sure what I’m going to do about this yet
But, here we have it in its current state.
Hopefully the next update will be in the not too distant future, and will include the addition of the tote, fixing that tear out area, and applying some finishing touches :-)
-- Mos - Twin Cities, MN -- Stanley #45 Evangelist - www.youtube.com/MosquitoMods