For this blog update, I have gotten the two halves laid out, cut, chiseled, routed, and shaped.
Starting by saw
And moving to chisel. I don’t have a router bit that is narrow enough and long enough to clean out the mouth area. So this had to be done by chisel
Then I moved to using a router bit with a brass bushing to clean up most of the rest. I used double sided tape to secure 2 scraps as guides for this part
Repeat for the other side, and there we have it!
Test fit with the blade. It’s going to need a little fettling, as the blade only barely fits at the moment.
Not as good of quality as the other pictures (this was a cellphone pic) but I had to take it for a test drive at this point. Not glued together yet, I just used 2 clamps to hold it together, and made a temporary (crude) wedge out of poplar.
So with that, I will leave it to the next update to do the glue up and making the actual wedge :-)
-- Mos - Twin Cities, MN -- Stanley #45 Evangelist - www.youtube.com/MosquitoMods