Was looking back and realized I am way behind in the blog vs actual progress…
So, I guess I’ll just jump right in with the pictures.
First, I bored, chiseled, and cut the mortise and tenon joints for the stretchers from front leg to back leg.
Not sure why my camera was having such issues with color.
Then I bored and pegged them. Pegs are left long so I can still remove them more easily until I glue them in place.
Then I cut dovetails for the tool well frame, endcaps, and front apron piece.
After that, I marked out the area that I’d be removing for the wagon vise in the top slab.
And cut out a good chunk of the waste by saw.
Pictures got a little sparse at this point, as I forgot my camera at my apartment when I went to the parents’ place for a day. But I used the router and some straight edge guides with a bearing guided bit to hog out a lot of the waste.
And a little bit of #78 action and some chiseling to get rid of the rest that the router bit couldn’t reach
Then it was to the basement to glue the front apron on
That concluded Saturday. So on Sunday I glued the bottom piece on to the benchtop
I had also routed out a groove for one side of the wagon vise block
Then glued together some scraps to make the wagon block
Clamped the post drill to the back side of the bench to drill the hole in the wagon block to be threaded
And then tapped it with the wood tap and die set I bought
And with the “test” screw
Now we’re up to date. Tonight I made the actual screw for the wagon vise. Used the threader, and now cutting it to length
And then putting the groove in it for the garter plate
And cutting the end square
And cutting a square hole in a 2” piece of maple dowel I got from Mauricio for the hub
Glued and pegged the screw threads and hub together
And test fit it with the wagon block. Fits perfect
That’s all I’ve got for now. I’m all caught up again :-)
Thanks for checking it out
-- Mos - Twin Cities, MN -- Stanley #45 Evangelist - www.youtube.com/MosquitoMods