The Stanley #45
- Beading and Center-beading
- Rabbet and Filletster
- Match Plane (Tongue and Groove)
- Sash Plane
- Slitting Plane
What shall follow in subsequent entries will be information that I’ve been able to gather on these wonderful planes. I won’t claim to be an expert on the subject matter, but rather someone with a profound interest in the uses of a Stanley #45.
I will use this first entry to maintain a list of outside references that I have found useful. If anyone has any suggestions for references pertinent to the #45, I would be more than happy to entertain them.
I will do my best to update things as I go. Thank you for joining me in my journey to better understanding the #45.
Update: There is now also a forum topic to accompany this blog. It can be found here——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————- Type Studies
- #45 Type Study by Stan Faullin
- #45 Type Study by Gordon Muster
- Patrick Leach's Blood & Gore
- Hans Brunner's #45 type study
- Some reading about the slitter at FineWoodWorking
- Replacement Parts from St. James Bay Tool Co.
- Some General How-To from Alf at Cornish Workshop
-- Mos - Twin Cities, MN -- Stanley #45 Evangelist - www.youtube.com/MosquitoMods