Right, just realized I have more pictures and work done, and haven’t updated this yet…
Not a whole lot of an update I guess. I was able to finish the mortises in the legs, and got some pocket hole screws drilled and fastened the legs and apron pieces together. I also used my restored #7c to take off an inch of the width on the table top, to get it down to the correct width, and then cut an inch or so off the end (crosscut). I don’t have a picture of it, but I also put a chamfer of about 3/16” on the table top.
Another timelapse of the progress finishing the mortises and pocket hole screw assembly of the legs and apron. I was under a time-constraint, so I wasn’t as good about taking pictures… I was just lucky the other half let me work on it on her weekend off :-)
After making the timelapse video and watching it, I found it entertaining to watch the table slowly dance across the garage, and the boards and ruler slowly work their way closer to the edge before I’d move them back in (or test fit)
This is the only picture I ended up taking that day:
Everything is clamped up square and where it needed to be, so I could make sure everything was right before I drilled for pocket screws.
Here’s a shot after shaving off .5” off the table width, note the 2 parallel bar clamps clamped to a folding table… that is the extent of my “bench” and “face vise”... works for me, I suppose.
The top set on the legs and apron. Not fastened down yet, but everything is ready for finish, and table top mounting. Hopefully I’ll be able to get finish applied soon
Thanks for checking it out!
-- Mos - Twin Cities, MN -- Stanley #45 Evangelist - www.youtube.com/MosquitoMods