This is ment to give and idea of what happens to air flow when we do mods to a dust collector. I have been getting along with my vacuum ok, but time to upgrade. After stalking (lol) this site for a few months and checking Craig’s list all the time, I decided to buy a HF dust collector. I feel for the price it is very tough to beat.
This is a very unscientific test and due to either bad jack on my cellphone (new Cat S-50) or due to the cheapness ($40) of a ABM-100 anemometer. This is ment to show the decrease r increase of given mods I will do over time. I will take 6 readings and averaged them, all readings will be at inlet.
Test #1, Bare blower with 5” adaptor attached. CFM was 559
Test #2, Assembled, with new dust bag. CFM was 461.
I also took measurements of the fan blade and it was 10” wide, 1 5/16 deep, 7 vanes total. I also measured the open area from tip of vane to housing opening and had about 1 3/16 of space left incase I want to try a differant fan.
-- I work with the public, therfore, I am Brain Damaged!