I’ve gotten most of the major parts done. I just picked up the marble Saturday and added the support plywood to the top frame. The tolerance is way tighter than expected, I’m going to have to lay the marble face down and press it into the top upside down, it wont drop in from above without canting slightly and getting stuck.
The wine rack was a challenge, I made the cross pieces from 1/2” ply and then added the outer frame. I had to cut the outer edges on the table saw to square it to the frame, then repeat for the back side. This entailed making an auxiliary fence that could guild off the top edge to make them come out even, very nerve racking. I then added the walnut strips to the front in a weave pattern shaping each piece with a sander.
It ended up fitting the upper cabinet nicely and can be removed for cleaning.
I still need to finish the upper shelves, two doors and the drawers, along with applying finish.
-- You never cut a piece to short, you are just prepping that piece for a future project