Today I applied finish to the top and the shelf, I just wanted to get them as protected as possible since they can now be put away until the rest of the table is complete, I then started the legs. I went with a simple tapered leg from mahogany. I then added the black and white ebony to the tip of each leg. I plan to add more B&WE plugs to the legs during assembly and possibly some elm detail as well.
I also shaped and polished two drawer pulls from B&WE, they will be installed after I get that far. I went with a fairly simple design as shown. They are slightly curved downward in the front for easier gripping.
-- You never cut a piece to short, you are just prepping that piece for a future project