here are some pics of my progress
i’ll need an extra day more then i figured but givin my working conditions that could be expected
the light valances are about 3” tall arching up to around an inch and a half
i clamped a 3/4” block on each end about 1/8th” above the bottom
marked the center and pulled up 1.5” then pushed my 36” ruller between the 2 blocks to the 1.5” mark in the center and drew a line
rough cut it about a 8th off the line and finished it off with a belt sander.
i then used that as a pattern to mark the other side
after rough cutting the other side i double stick taped both together and ran it around a flush trim bit on my router table
i was worried about the iron on edge banding in the arch but it turned out better then expected
the lights are just laying loose on top of some stain samples(minwax red mahogany), i just wanted to see how it would look , ill mount them in the center later, as soon as i figure out what to do with the wires
i could drill 1 hole and have a bunch of wire to hide OR i could drill a few holes (3) and have very little wire to hide
so its a coin toss between more wire or extra holes
i’ve desided to not glue the top cab to the bottom support(not shown) so i can take it appart later for easy transport, if and when i deside to move.
another reason for this is to avoid cutting biscut slots threw both sides of the bottom shelf (3/8 of an inch from both sides = hole , not good.)
-- We the unwilling,led by the unknowing,are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.We have done so much for so long with so little, We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.