LumberJocks

Outfeed and assembly table with tool stations - small shop challenge

  • Advertise with us
Blog series by Mike_D_S updated 07-10-2016 03:05 PM 4 parts 5529 reads 13 comments total

Part 1: Concept and design work in sketchup

07-01-2016 06:53 PM by Mike_D_S | 2 comments »

My shop is essentially about 2/3 of a two car garage and as my project scope grows I’m find myself continually thinking about storage solutions and ways to work better. I started my latest round of shop re-organization by selling my Jessem free standing router table and moving my router to a table saw extension wing I put together. The whole point of changing to the TS wing router table was to be able to add a larger and more useful outfeed and assembly table along the lines of the ...

Read this entry »


Part 2: Basic top glued up and laminate installed

07-04-2016 04:42 AM by Mike_D_S | 4 comments »

I got to the lumber yard on Friday, so I went ahead and picked up a piece of 3/4 BB ply for the top of the outfeed table. I wanted the top to be 26” x 68”, so using one piece of 5’x5’ BB ply I can get the entire top done by cutting out two 26” x 60” strips and the splitting the last approximately 8” x 60” into two pieces 8” x 26”. I glued the two 26×60 pieces offset by 8” and then added the two smaller pieces, one on eac...

Read this entry »


Part 3: Outfeed table base framed up

07-05-2016 04:17 AM by Mike_D_S | 0 comments »

So I built the basic frame today for the outfeed table. I laminated some 2×4s for the outside legs and used one 4×4 my neighbor gave me for the center legs. The rest of the frame is just 2×4. I used levelers on each leg that I picked up recently when they were on sale at Woodcraft. At the moment, the frame is just nailed together, but I’ll spend some time installing some bolts on the main frame pieces and then I’ll install some draw bolts for the side pieces. ...

Read this entry »


Part 4: Outfeed table done

07-10-2016 03:05 PM by Mike_D_S | 7 comments »

I spent most of yesterday finishing up the outfeed table. I started by making up a small alignment plate for the doghole drilling. The plate was basically two rows of dogholes in the spacing needed. I clamped the plate to the end of the top and drilled the first 8 holes. Then I slid the plate over one row and used some birch dowel through a couple of dogholes in the plate and the top to line up the second row to drill nd clamped the plate. Drill the next row, then repeat by indexing th...

Read this entry »



DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com