After tearing out the old patio and pouring a nice new slab, we needed somewhere to sit. So I searched around online for a plan for a nice adirondack style chair and came across the Jake’s Chair plans. I built four of the Jake’s Chairs out of white oak, using waterproof glue and stainless screws. Finish is an oil based stain with a polyu outer coat.
These chairs are a really nice size, big and roomy, but very stable. I deviated from the plans slightly in a couple of places. One particular place is how the arms are attached. The first pair I used screws from the top and filler so water doesn’t pool in the screw holes. The second pair I used pocket holes from the bottom, so the arms are solid from the top. Either way really works fine, but I like the pocket hole approach better.
Since we had the chairs we needed someplace to put a couple of plates or other items. So I followed up the chairs with two side tables based on the “Woodsmith Shop” plans for the tile top side table.
All in all they turned our pretty good and the patio is now in usable shape while I get up my energy to put up a patio cover in the spring.
-- No honey, that's not new, I've had that forever......