My wife gave me this plane for my birthday last year. Life was pretty crazy last year so it took a lot longer for me to restore it and when I finished it I never posted any photos. The restoration was pretty straightforward for the most part. There was some surface rust but nothing major. Most of the Japanning was got so I decided to repaint it. The only unusual problem was the tote. The tail was broken off and the bottom was a bit beaten up. I decided to make a new tote but the angle was off from the regular Stanley template. I had to pretty much start from scratch.
I’m working on my Keen Kutter collection. I love the logo, the feel, and the extra-think irons. This first photo is a comparison of the iron on the Keen Kutter KK8 and an iron from a Bedrock 608.