This is the first of my 2 Biesemeyer fences that I am restoring. For this one, I purchases some UHMW polyethylene from McMaster-Carr. I used a 1/2 inch forstner bit to drill out the countersinks and then screwed the material to the fence using the original screws. I then spent close to 3 hours shimming the back of the fence so it is flat to about 0.004. I am not sure what the factory tolerances are on a Biesmeyer.
The fence is now very slick and is great to use. With this and the 5 hp motor on the saw, there is almost no resistance when cutting. A huge upgrade from my last saw.
On the right side of the fence I just used some 1/2 inch ply. I might laminate it, although I don’t think that I will ever use that side of the fence.