I spent a few hours yesterday doing the final wiring. I decided to go with 1/2” water-tight conduit for the connections inside the cabinet. My thinking was if the conduit is waterproof it “should” keep the dust out as well. Only time will tell. I also used the conduit on the outside of the cabinet as well but I am not sure I like the look. I will leave it for now and see if it grows on me or not. If not, I may replace it with 1/2” EMT and paint the conduit to hide it a little better.
I also took the time to mount all of the badges back on the machine in roughly the same positions as when I acquired the saw. Most of them were in pretty rough shape, after all the saw is 60 years young. I did some restoration on them as well and will be adding some pics in a couple of days.
I am into the final stretch now. A little touch up painting, some handwheel work, put the top on a build a mobile base. Let’s see if I can git ‘er done by the end of the month
-- My job is to give my kids things to discuss with their therapist....firstname.lastname@example.org