It seems like it has been forever since I have had the time to get anything done on the Oliver 232. I have had a lot of issues over the past 6 months and the saw has been sitting in the shop with nothing getting done. In my last entry I did get the motor completed and that was the end of it.
Over the past 6 months we have replaced the flooring in the house which took some time to finish. During that time I blew a disc in my lower back and was not able to move real well. The back is much better and feel like I can get some progress done. Along with the back issues we had a lot of rain here, I know, it never rains in California. We had about 4” of rain in a few days and being a flat valley there is no where for the water go. So, we wound up flooded. Luckily nothing got into the house but it did come close.
Over the past few days I was able to get the saw out, dusted off, primed and painted. The saw is stripped to all its basic pieces and spread all over the shop. The main casting weighs in the neighborhood of 300#. I filled all the imperfections with Bondo and after sanding it was sprayed with Rustoleum white primer and then top coated with Sherwin Williams direct to metal alkyd gloss enamel. So far I have painted the main base casting, dust door, underside of the table and some of the internal parts. I am using an HVLP gun from Home Depot and I must say I am impressed. The SW alkyd has a lot of solids and very thick. The gun handled it well and laid down a nice even coat. The saw will get 2 coats with a light wet sanding between. I am hoping to have the saw done in the next few weeks as I have been without a saw for the past few months. I will also get some pics up of the progress in a few days.
-- My job is to give my kids things to discuss with their therapist....firstname.lastname@example.org