I have been working feverishly on this saw. I have spent quite a few hours wire brushing the castings getting ready for paint. After the majority of the paint and old filler was removed I had to borrow a lift to get the trunnion casting removed. It weighs about 100# and not wanting to injury an already sore back I felt it was safer.
I have applied 2 coats of filler and am ready to do the final sanding. Here she is as of today.
The motor came apart fairly easily. I am replacing all the bearings in the machine. Even though it appears the motor bearings were replaced at some point I do not know the history of the saw and being that the motor is out and the saw apart to me its cheap insurance.
Removing the arbor half did make me pucker a little. Last thing I wanted to do was bend or crack it. But it came off without having to place a wrench on the puller. I screwed it in by hand and off it came.
I removed the key and went after the front cover.
Then came time to remove the front cover and rotor. Slid out without an issue
All done. New bearings have been ordered and should be here in a few days. Will update soon as I start painting!!
-- My job is to give my kids things to discuss with their therapist....firstname.lastname@example.org