As some of you know I recently acquired an Oliver 232 table saw. The saw was built sometime between Feb and Sept 1953. It is 3hp 3ph and weighs in around 1200#. It was purchased through a local auction for the sum of $125.
Today I began with the disassembly and cleaning. I removed the table, 200# gone right there. Luckily my weight lifting neighbor was home and gave me a hand removing it. After the top was off I began removing the motor, motor raising mechanism. The motor sits on a plate that is raised with a pinon gear and shaft, it is aligned with dovetailed ways. Its a nice assembly. Here she is with her top off.
The motor came out next, about 100# gone there. It was set on the bench for later cleaning and bearing replacement.
The table with most of the internal parts.
Next came a light wire brushing with a knotted brush on a 4” grinder. It made fairly quick work of removing the paint and rust. I did one side and called it a day.
Tomorrow, hopefully, I will get a cherry picker lift to remove the trunnion asembly. My guess is it is somewhere around 250-300#.
-- My job is to give my kids things to discuss with their therapist....firstname.lastname@example.org