I picked up a used and abused Rockwell 14” bandsaw a couple of months ago and have been slowly working on restoring and making it useful again. It was in a body shop and used HARD. It was covered with splashed body filler and paint, the bottom wheel was missing the tire, and the blade was tensioned, the guides and bearings were shot and the main shaft was history. The bearing on the main shaft had gone bad many moons ago and gouged the shaft to the point of no return. I slowly began to accumulate the necessary parts, not an easy task as most of the parts are not available from Delta any longer. I used ebay and the guys at owwm.com and found everything that was needed. I completely stripped the machine down to the last nut and bolt. Used electrolysis to rid the parts of rust and loosen the body filler and paint. Hours were spent with a wire brush on a 4” grinder. After cleaning I repainted it with rustoleum #7748 smoke grey and had the stand media blasted and powder coated. The saw had the original 1/2hp motor which I swaped out for a Rockwell 1hp dual voltage motor, am running on 115v for now. The guides were replaced with Carter micro adjust, urethane tires and a Timberwolf 1/2” 3tpi blade. It was a lot of work and a few headaches, ordered the wrong bearings and had to wait for the correct ones, I now have a saw that will last another 40 or so years. It was built in 1968.
-- My job is to give my kids things to discuss with their therapist....firstname.lastname@example.org