Here are Thursday’s photos:
#1 is the jig on the drill press
#2 is the test piece (the poplar one) and the work piece
#3 is the bottom side of the pieces
#4 is the box (neck) with the chute attached. Before glueing on the chute, I sanded the box to 220 grit, as it was much easier to sand it before attaching the chute!
#5 shows the holes lined up in the top and the slider
Since I made the test piece, I’m going to use it to set up the router table to rout the slot in the bottom of the slider. I took careful measurements from the box part, and marked those on the test piece. Tomorrow, I’ll rout a test groove, and make sure it works properly in the box, then rout the work piece. With the screws I have, I need to rout a 3/8” groove instead of a ¼” groove.
-- Dean -- "Don't give up the ship -- fight her 'till she sinks!" James Lawrence, CAPT, USN