We have formed the arms. We have padded the arms. What’s left? Fabric!
I have four cut pieces labeled IA or inside Arm.. I just threw it on top of a padded arm and started laying it out like a bedspread.
It looks like there is plenty of fabric to reach under the arm but very little fabric staple down.
I’m going to sew a “pull” onto it.
Funny thing Is I had the opportunity to be real selective about where I wanted ‘what’ stripe on the inside arm. I didn’t give it a thought. I just started stapling.
Just kidding! I decided to put this at the front of the arm.
Holding by selection in place I smoothed out the fabric to about the center of the arm and added a few staples.
I worked from that center to to within a few inches of the front of the arm and a few inches from the back of the arm.
I then threw stuffed the bottom of the arm (with the green pull) into the slot under the arm.
I added 3 staples so I could see how things were shaping up.
Back around to look at the inside and I see the have created some ripples. That’s totally expected because we are pulling the fabric on fairly tight.
Now can do some of my smoothing tricks. I smooth the fabric at the bottom of the chair forward, while my other hand pulls it tight from outside arm.
A few holding staples on the other side.
We already went through a big snipping class on the deck and seat so I’m going to let you review as you clip the arm fabric so we can tuck it under neatly and wrap around to the front of the arm.
Ok – it’s getting late – I’ll flesh this post out soon.
-- Thanks for all the lessons!