I finally found a bit of time to work on the table yesterday and Sunday. I built the underside of the top from larger pieces of cabinet grade plywood (That’s what I had). Then I added an extra layer to the bottom of that.
I didn’t have any plywood that was large enough for the entire top so I overlapped the second layer.
I made a style modification to the top to take care of the gigantic empty spots in the corners. Although you can’t see the final top design yet, I should be able to finish that part up tonight. And get another image loaded.
Equipment I need desperately. Thickness planner. I suppose I will spend an extra 10 to 20 hours on this project by the time it’s all said and done when I could have had perfectly consistent thicknesses.
I also learned that I should not use another board to set the fence on the table saw. I should use the measurements on the table itself. The Bosch has a magnifier that makes 1/32 of an inch a fairly easy adjustment. I can get real close to 1/64th of an inch. As it stands, I have created a few small gaps I have to fill and I had to resaw a lot of the pieces. I suppose that error has/will cost me 10 hours.
When I resaw, I place a stop block on my TS sled. I place the wood to resaw next to it. I use a sacreficial board on the opposite side to hold my piece in place. As I push the sled I can shave a 32nd off the wood I wan’t to resize. The piece of sacreficial wood take the rest of the cut. It seems to work well. However, I wish I hadn’t messed them up in the first place!
As of last night:
-- Thanks for all the lessons!