The Glue up wasn’t going perfect because I didn’t use a flat surface to work from. That is now remedied. I was real close to starting over when things started working out. Here’s where I’m at as of 30 minutes ago.
Not bad. I got it straightened while I was doing the final glue up. I did some sanding with 40 then 80 grit to level off the worst of my mistakes on the top. I then used the sanding dust and some Tightbond III to make my filler and started taking care of my sloppy job. I sanded once more with 80 grit and noticed a few more hairline gaps. I’ll take care of those tomorrow.
I feel like I have recovered from my sloppy job. I can go forward with an attractive table center. I’m just going to be far more intentional about using a flat surface I can clamp my work to. I will do far more dry fitting for the rest of the job as well.
I’m not ready for cutting boards yet but I should be by the end of this project. It’s been a fun relaxing week and I really haven’t stressed about this because I had hope that I could fix my mistakes. Hope became reality. Whew! It’s a good feeling. Someone is looking out for me.
-- Thanks for all the lessons!