Today I cleaned up the smaller plane from yesterday…still not completely satisfied, but it will do. I then tackled a vintage Stanley7”. Inside it is marked “C 255” and has an “x” and a “2” below that (it’s covered by the iron). Back has “Made in USA”. The blade is marked “Stanley No. 220 (13-220A) Made in USA”. Not sure if it’s actually a Stanley plane, but no matter…I have several this size that I’ve picked up and this one had the adjustment on the back, so I went with this one. There was a mild amount of rust, and I didn’t do a full restoration, just cleaned it up to make it useable. Lapped the plate and sides (sides mostly for looks…) and I got some good shavings out of this one… I’m getting there on the sharpening part!
I cheated a bit on the base…had to use my bench top belt sander…these old shoulders just can’t hack it so good anymore…
-- Sue~ Mad Jester Woodworks, "Not what I have, but what I do is my kingdom" Thomas Carlyle