|Blog series by Chris Pond||updated 04-16-2012 09:54 PM||2 parts||10794 reads||3 comments total|
I started on this buffet that I acquired out of the garbage bin as per usual. The top was a bit of a challenge but there was a nice surprise under the arborite, I found 3 burn marks but the damage was minimal especially after stripping away the years of glue and varnish. I am now going to proceed to the sides and front and get them stripped and sanded.
After getting all the old finished off the buffet, actual this piece was very nice. You may see that in the photos I added a second 1/4 inch plywood piece to the second shelve for strength. I will finish this with a veneer for a better looked. As you see I still have two burns in the top of the unit however I am going to stain the top to make it less seen.