With the miter saw station almost complete, I had to stop and build a couple of coolers. Today I worked on setting up the dust collection for the sanders. It appears I will have room for a HF belt sander, the 1 inch strip belt sander, and the Oscillating sander. All three will fit nicely behind the miter saw fences.
With the miter saw station in place, I have about 7 inches of room from the back of the cabinet to the wall. So… :-)
- I devised a plan to rout the dust from the miter saw to the Dust Deputy and then on to the Shop Vac.
- I plan to use the Bucket Max for the three sanders.
- Cut and fit 6 inch wide shelves to cover the area between the saw cabinet and the wall.
- Use a pair of vertical supports to support the board on each cabinet.
- Drill holes as needed so the pipes/hose can pass through the verticals.
- Use 1 1/2 inch PVC Pipe and whatever it takes to make everything fit between the sanders and the Bucket Max. :-)
At least that is the ultimate goal.
However, for now, I need to temporarily hook up the 1 inch belt sander. When I get back from a road trip, I have another cooler ordered and that sander will be needed to sand the pieces for the Texans logo.
I mounted the two verticals to the back of the cabinet using pocket hole screws. Then I put the shelf in place and attached it with wood screws so it can be removed if needed. So far it looks good.
I drilled two holes for the dust collection to pass through. Lucky me, I think I covered one up with the belt sander! Just my luck.
This is all for now. When I get a chance, I will work on the other side and begin roughing in the pipe. Kinda makes me feel like a plumber. :-)
Here are several pics.
My crude “plan”.
Pics of the first shelf laying on the work table.
Both sanders temporarily set in place with a hose run to the one I need to use next week.
-- Handcrafted by Mike Henderson - Channelview, Texas