You may have seen my last posts with the sketchups. i got the sides cut, the parallelogram mechanism working, and the motor mounted. i had to use a different mounting system then in the plans because the belt i got was way to long. i ended up mounting the motor to the underside so i also had to have a different tensioning system which actually worked out quite well. I have no patience so i needed to see the thing run! it ran way smoother then i ever thought it would with almost no overall vibration For some reason (i think because i used a polyurethane belt) im getting almost no belt vibration.
The jointer running! (as you can see there is almost no vibration in the belt)
Motor mount: (not so clear) the motor is mounted on a pivoting metal shaft that came in the planer. I banged a nut into the wood and threaded a bolt through that pushes against the motor. i need to make a hand wheel.