And I am. The finished photos will be in a Project Post, when I’m done posting this, last, Blog on the matter.
Last night, I drenched the Thing in BLO. That’s been a good thing, in the past. Not this time. Today, I mounted it up, wiped it down…
(Why did he wipe it down?)
...because it was weeping oil. That’s never a good thing. It means I over-BLO’d it. Never a good thing. Well, sir. You can’t sand that out. Unless you’re ready to go through about 47 packages of sandpaper. It clogs. And, it doesn’t unclog. (I tried – in case I was wrong in my thinking – I often am.)
So I got the tools back out. Ever-so-carefully did I try. I got seriously bent about it, after a while, and had to leave the area. I wanted nothing to do with the world outside the dungeon, either, so I came back. And I went at it like a guy who just didn’t care any more. I traded the splotchy, gross, disgusting, filthy, over-oiled surface for tool marks that, no matter what i did, would not leave. No. Wait a minute. That was what I got all panty-twisted about, before I left. It was the tool marks I lit into when I got back. Like I said, I was so disappointed with me that I didn’t care if I ruined it. Whatever. I didn’t ruin it. Here you go. The last stages, before the final Project Posting. There will be eight (I think) Montages in the post.
This is where I had intended to divide all this into two installments. I changed my mind.
And, just to show that there’s still some life left in me, look what walked up, just as was making ready with the final coats of straight shellac.