I neglected to complete a finger-joint box in wood shop, so I had to construct one before I could really start my Hockey stick display (GO Penguins). I got a couple pieces of pine from the wood room, I cut them down, jointed, routered and them, cut them to length and width, and glued them together, all of which took me about 2 classes to complete, then I made the top of the box and cut out a small piece of wood with the ban saw to put on the top and glued them together. After the glue dried I spent a day and a half sanding it all and taking off excess glue, then a stained using dark walnut, the next day I pollyed it, and the next day I lightly sanded the areas the got just a little to much poly on it. Honestly I kinda rushed through this project so I could get back to making my hockey stick display.
|Blog entry by LumberJacKelly||posted 04-15-2014 06:19 PM||1031 reads||0 times favorited||2 comments|