I’m a bit nervous posting this and that’s why it’s so late at night. I thought it would be fun to be able to look back in a year or so and see how I’ve come along and remember where I came from years after that.
As I’m taking woodworking into the garage space and turning it into a hobby and less of a necessity I need standard equipment. I decided to start with dust collection. This is the first piece I’ve made for the system.
The arm was constructed from pieces that were laying around the barn from the previous home-owner including the ducts. I countersunk the washers on the front and back of the beefy support. I had planned on putting a pipe through it and adding weights but it seems to be stable enough on it’s own or with a small weight on the base. It’s not the most attractive thing, but I’m actually proud of it and it’s been motivating to build even though I ran into some snags during it’s assembly from a lack of proper clamps. I plan on giving it a sprayed polyurethane finish after I get a few more things setup and another car out of the garage but I may end up building something nicer at that point.
-- -Andy ~~~~~~~ http://lumberjocks.com/projects/silent ~~~~~~~