It has been a month now since my last post. I have been spending most of my spare time working on this console, and haven’t really had any computer time except at work. I have taken a few pictures here and there, but it seems that every time I want to photograph my progress the camera batteries are dead. As soon as I get my computer and camera together I will post the pics, but for now just going to give an update.
Although I am not as far along as I would like to be, I can see the end in sight. In my last blog entry, I had about half of the panels glued up and ready. Now, I have completed all the panels and made it through to having the main structure nearly completed. The past few days involved completing the glued up legs and getting them attached to the structure. (I did manage to get some photos of this process which I will post when I can get the downloaded from the camera.)
The top is also ready, with only final sanding needed before being ready for finish.
Although I have several things outside the shop to get done over the next week, I am hoping to get the drawers made and get the shop cleaned up and ready so the finishing process can begin the following week. I will try to get the camera batteries charged up (these photos are the only thing this camera gets used for so it only has some old worn out rechargeable batteries) and get some photos from the final assembly process.