I have completed the final finishing and assembly of this project. I was able to spray four coats of Sherwin-Williams Wood Classics® Waterborne Polyurethane Varnish. I also mounted the drawer slides and fronts. The top was attached with tabletop fasteners from McFeely’s.
I am afraid I didn’t have time to take pictures as I went along or to take pictures of the finished project, but I hope to be able to do that this weekend and post the project here early next week. I will add a link to the project post here when I get it done.
Overall this project turned out well I think. It is definitely solid and heavy and will be a useful addition to the living room. I did learn a few things, and this is the first project I have done where I like the way the finish turned out.
I had hoped that during this blog I would be able to post more about how I did things and have more project pictures, but during the winter time I really have to make good use of my time, sort of a “make hay while the Sun shines” type of thing. I do plan to start a new blog when I begin work on the matching entertainment center, and since that will be well in to Spring weather I will have more leisure to take photos, perhaps even some step by step type of things.
Thanks to anyone who has followed along.