Thanks to the cold weather and some other things that had to be done, progress has slowed on this project. Last week I completed the drawer boxes and rough dimensioned the boards for the top. Today I finished dimensioning the top and got it all glued together. I was able to warm my shop up to about 70 today for the gluing, but brought the top in over night so I wouldn’t have to heat the shop as the outside temperature drops.
In this picture, the grain on some of the boards looks rather crazy because of the camera flash, but in person it isn’t so bad. I think once this is all sanded down and I get the danish oil on it the color will even out and it will make for a nice top. I still have to round the corners and put the round-over on the edge.
My plan now is to get the sanding and other prep work done this week and be ready for finishing the first day it is warm enough. I also have to make the drawer fronts, but these will each be single boards so no gluing will be needed.