LumberJocks

Outdoor Morris Chair #7: Added upper side and trying to fix error

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by LegendInMyOwnMind posted 1177 days ago 867 reads 0 times favorited 0 comments Add to Favorites Watch
« Part 6: Bottom sides done Part 7 of Outdoor Morris Chair series Part 8: Attaching the front and rear stretcher »

I added the upper sides. They are pretty tricky since you have to do a long cross-cut. The book recommends using a jig saw. Unless you are a lot better than me, I can’t imagine that. I cut through it with the miter saw and finished it up with the table saw. Here’s the result.

Now, what to do with the error earlier? I used the miter saw laser and figure the angle is now something like 7 degrees instead of 5 deg. From the previous pic there’s still enough room to get a screw in the short side, so I dodged a bullet there. Trying to fix it, I set up my roller to the near side of the miter stand (never done that before) and cut a 7 deg cul through the part sticking up from the side. That went OK and if i push down the front of a arm test piece it looks like it will do the job.

Back side is undercut so it’s not an issue.

Noticed the arm support board now has a small crown. Figure I can fix that with my power plane. Hopefully I am over the worst implications of the earlier error.

-- Doug - When all you own is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.



0 comments so far

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase