Got the first leg together. It’s square to the ground so I must have done something right.
Had a hard time lining up the board. I knew the board would move and didn’t want to do a bunch of clamping. After all, I’ve got eight of these legs for the two chairs. Made a stupidly simple jig that would sandwich the two boards. Not going to measure since I feel my fingers can line up the sides easily enough.
Marking the hidden top with the same orientation on the two pieces so that I know I’ve found the right edges – darn glasses. Not a perfect cut since there’s a small gap at the top, but close enough.
-- Doug - When all you own is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.