The dado for the juniper panels (see the image of the parts) is quite wide. I used a 1” straight router bit in the saw table. I was inattentive on one and let it get by about 3/4”. Though the error would likely never be seen, I decided to plug it. In the image you’ll see the plug glued in and the scrap from which it was taken. The second one shows the result of putting a little glue in the voids and sanding with a RO machine and 150x.
All the parts are now machined for the joinery. Next step is fitting the tenons and mortises and labeling them. Then I’ll cut the shapes on the feet and shoulders and we’re ready for some assembly! Next Week!
This afternoon I journeyed to Hardwood Industries and got the one more piece of 6/4 cherry I need for the second top. I decided to make the stretchers out of juniper, just for sport, and I had that in stock.
-- "...in his brain, which is as dry as the remainder biscuit after a voyage, he hath strange places cramm'd with observation, the which he vents in mangled forms." --Shakespeare, "As You Like It"