Either the plans were not very clear or i just didnt get it but either way i had to remove the front axle and position it further back from where it is in this photo
Time to attach rails on bed, marked them with tape in case i didn’t drill the holes in the bed exactly the same distance apart. Was a good thing i did because some were off just a bit.
most of the rails removed so progress can continue, i had to take the gas tank (cedar) off and move it forward about 1/16 to get it closer to the battery box I installed later. The tape near the door is so i can mark the location for the grab bar.
Bent up a few coat hangers for the ribs to hold up the cloth cover thats going on later. ( have to pay a visit to my sister in-law and ask her to make that part)
Made some hub caps for the front wheels that i forgot to put on before I glued on the wheels.. duh!!!
grab bar installed, front axle moved back and gas tank moved forward, also put on steps and front fender lights.
Drivers side, spare tire is removable from where its hanging, also fixed the metal bars so they are a bit more uniform all the way back.
I think i need to put some sort of tail lights on here, I’ll probably do that tomorrow. Hopefully I still have some pink ivory wood left over I can use for those.
Took the rails off just to see how it looks without them, mud flaps on, truck is almost done! need to work on those tail lights and visit sister in-law this weekend. hopefully she can make the canvas cover for the back. Migh try making one of those fancy cutting boards I see you guys posting for a bribe for her :)
-- Larry, North Carolina