Found some Buckeye Burl on eBay had to get and try out. It wasn’t stabilized but it was dried already. I’m using a few of the blanks at a time to try different techniques I’ve been researching to stabilize them. For starters I got some Minwax Wood Hardener and soaked 3 of the blanks for about 6 hours then letting them dry for about a week or two. So far on day 2 of the drying. On a few I’ll probably try the Thin CA Glue method next.
The pieces I bought look good. I mainly got it for the 6 in the center of the picture. The 5 on the left and 5 on the right aren’t to bad either.
Overall the deal I got was all 16 pieces for $38.00 with $4.95 shipping for a total of $42.95 overall works out to about $2.68 each. Not to bad at least I thought so.
-- ~Larry Columbus, OH