After a day and a half in the 108 degree heat I’ve come to the conclusion I need more tools/ the correct tool for the job!!! LOL
I had the hardest time gluing up the rail and stiles, I didn’t have the correct glue brush, mine was to big, didn’t have the correct clamps, I really need some Jet Parallel clamps, or a picture frame strap clamp with 90 degree elbows to help make it square. The most important thing I need next would be about 6 more 110V outlets!!!! I HAVE ONE in the whole garage!!!!!! OMG its sucks plugging in, taking out, plugging in, taking out, get the picture where all my time went today!!
The INCRA T-Ruler and Kreg Featherboard were very VERY useful today!!!!
I did pull some ROOKIE/Beginner mistakes today, measuring to the end of the wood, and not to the bottom of the dado of the Stile, comes up short every time just in case you didn’t know. :) I think some A&M AGGIE taught me how to measure I guess! lol I’m learning a lot on my first real woodworking project, experiencing first hand is probably the best way, hopefully I won’t make the mistake again.
I did realize I need my miter station and out feed/assembly table done ASAP, I really could have used BOTH of those today!
The Face Frame, just waiting to use the Pocket Hole Jig to assemble it. All 3 side pieces will slide into INCRA’s aluminum legs, I cut a 1/2” rabbit on the ends of the stiles so once I flip over the Router Table everything should all just slide in!! HOPEFULLY!!! kind of scary I picked this kind of project for my first!
I did finally get to a project my wife’s been wanting me to do for almost a month, thanks to Pinterest.com my project list keeps growing, all that means is more TOOLS!! lol
!!!HAPPY WIFE HAPPY LIFE!!!
-- Lance, Hook'em HORNS! ""V""